January 5, 2013

Steal of a deal.....

I got a quick text from my good friend Ola that there was a damaged canvas available at Inglewood Art Supply and If I wanted she would put it aside for me......
Well to make the story short I said "Hell Yeah!".  It just so happens, I just got asked to be in a show at the Gorilla House in a week plus and I came up with an idea for the given theme. Come back to see what happens next.
I was having a lunch meeting close to the store and swung by right away. The canvas is 24" X 36" the perfect size for my piece.  It was marked down from $40, and by the time it got to the till total cost was $5! What a steal of a deal, thanks Inglewood Art Supply!!!!
I had to take off all the canvas with my trusty pliers while I listened to my favorite radio show on CJSW, the double bounce.  I stretched a nice new piece of 15 ounce canvas as taut as a drum.
Then gave it two coats of gesso and left it to dry overnight.

MEANWHILE...........

I donated some money to a good cause. Imagine being a visual artist and losing your sight. Give the gift of sight like I did here.....

http://www.indiegogo.com/TrespassersEye

and pick up a cool perk like a Cthulhu mug!!

---




No comments: