October 7, 2012

Saraswati gets a skin treatment

It has been many days jumping from one piece to another, as is my usual method of painting.
I made a dark variety of pinks to fill in the base skin color.
Here you can begin to see the form beginning to take shape. I also painted in the banjo skin in this session.
I mixed up a pure red with alkali medium to the consistency a bit thicker than ink and began outlining the figure.
Here you can see some of the developing line work. The pinks were still wet so I had difficulties with some tones lifting up, however they will be revisited after they dry.
Concluding the session I painted in the dark banjo wood to be added to later, frets etc. I am waiting until the paint is dry to work on the following layers and her clothing and hair.




1 comment:

Fay_Moose_Art said...

Can't wait to see it done :)