September 3, 2012

Ganesh - a little bit more

I kept going on the details of this piece and really hit a good stride.
I busted in details and danced over the whole piece pulling together the entire cohesiveness.
I drew in a necklace onto the body.
I painted in gold jewellery and the bowl. Later I plan on applying actual god leaf but for now and photographic purposes I am using yellow ochre and brown and white to create the illusion of gold.
At the crown on top of Ganesh's head is the sweet fruit - peach. Later on I will probably challenge myself to guilding a gold leaf design as a crown element.
I painted in long eyelashes on all of the eyes. They are not as smooth as I would have liked due to my shaky state at 2am but I can live with it for the time being, it does what I need it to do.





No comments: