September 30, 2012

SARASWATI - painting some radial lines

I put a light coat of clear gesso over the painted ones to protect them in case the tape decided to lift off the pigment. I then taped all the radial lines which took a lot longer than anticipated and I had to use some clear gesso to help the tape stick. This painters tape I have is really sucky.
I decided to paint all of the inner circle lines brown and not have them alter every second one like the green and blue do. I forgot one area by the foot, have to get that later.
I painted the outer portion with a lighter more fleshy color and applied it thick. Its oil and I had some alkali to help speed up the drying time. I waited two days then peeled off the tape.
The lines were very crisp but I had to go in and do some touching up afterward.



No comments: