June 8, 2011

New FROSST sketchbook



I got another new sketchbook. Yay!!! This one is extra special! Got it at FROSST Books, John Frosst ordered a few custom sketchbooks with his image on the front from the UK. If you don't have one and want one better rush down the Inglewood and grab one before they're gone. The paper is super nice, heavy, slightly cream in tone and has a great tooth for drawing. The book folds completely flat so you can work like you would with a spiral bound, only much better and there is a pocket in the back like Moleskine have.  Here is a scan of the metallic gold front cover, it doesn't do it justice, but it gives you an idea.



FROSST BOOKS - "We sell Books"


 It is a good idea to write your name and contact info or a way to get a hold of you in case you leave your sketchbook somewhere.  Its also a good time to test your markers to see how much they bleed. Unfortunately my Copic Markers bleed thru even this thick of sketchbook paper, I have yet to find a sketchbook that doesn't bleed when I use my Copics =;(  Here is the first drawing of my new sketchbook, over time I will continue to add to it and test my various colors like a palette here.


 
Whoa Mario!!! 












1 comment:

Fay_Moose_Art said...

Yep I was eyeballing this book for a while, maybe it is time to get it :)