January 4, 2010

'Tis the season to be drawing

I picked up some Black PRISMACOLOUR pencil crayons and brought out the old stash of colors from way back when. I really like how soft and tactile the Prismacolour pencil crayon works, I can see why creature creators prefer them, very friendly, just keep a sharp point or they will break a lot.


While watching the James Bond marathon I sketched a couple of things.  This X-masy Neemoy looking elf guy is a definite holiday favorite.





For the new year, I was asked if I could to draw an octopus. At first I went for high realism but then a friend said funnier, when that wasn't enough I added the buck teeth, top hat and dry martini (shaken, not stirred).



This is a reference drawing for japanimation style flame cycles. There is astroboy.

No comments: