January 25, 2017

Building up

I am continuing to build up the atelier, moving supplies, building furniture and making artwork for my show at the New Edward Gallery. I have a grand opening for you to attend on February 10, 6-10 pm.

















Atelier Artista Suite #410


@cSPACE King Edward

1721 – 29 Avenue SW


Opening this Friday, I'll be there both Friday and Saturday if you want to swing by for a visit.


Stacks of organized bins of art supplies waiting to b shelved.

















Some cut oak and pine for my custom built drawing horses.


















The stain I chose really brings out the beautiful grain in the red oak.

















After a coat of stain they dry and are ready to pick up and bring to the studio.





















They don't look like much in the elevator, I'll let them gas off a bit longer before continuing to the next step...... assembly.
















I also managed to pick up more materials to build painting tabourets (side table). The wood just barely fit into my CRV.





















I found this steal of a deal on kijiji so now I have a place for storing lunch and bevies for guests.







It is coming together as fast as she can but it still seems really big an empty.

















This is also a little sneak peek into my working space and a peek into whats on the easel for my upcoming exhibition:


New Edward Gallery
352 8 Ave. NE
Calgary, AB T2E 0P9

Brian Batista
From Portugal to Puerto Rico
Paint, Paper and Photo

January 27, 28, 29

Opening January 27, 7 pm
Sat and Sunday viewing hours begin at 2pm.








No comments: