January 26, 2012

The belly of the beast

Tee double dragons are winding down after far too many distractions slowed my progress. However, in-between jobs, photo shoots, and creating other works for an upcoming show of Pin ups at Untitled......I managed to get a bit of time in on the belly of the beast.
First I used a burnt umber to mark in the belly folds with a flat brush to contrast the other patenting where I did this in white.  I followed it up by painting in white outlines which really helps it to vibrate.
I felt the belly needed more punch so I dry-brushed black gesso from the bottom of the belly upward to express more dimension to the form. Now it is starting to make me happy, I can see the end in sight, and good ting, I plan on putting at least one of these in Motion Gallery!

No comments: