November 4, 2010

Busy bees

I started a new contract with the Quickdraw Animation Society teaching animation for the Aboriginal Youth Animation program.   I have been swamped.  Building the calendar and courses for the next 5 months. Creating posters, advertising and doing outreach. It has been a very positive learning experience and quite the challenges. fortunately, it has given me some insight into budgeting and how to market a program in order to intake participants and the surprising costs related to it. I didn't know a small classified in the Sunday newspapers would be over $70. Plus, I used an entire tank of gas over the four days delivering intake posters to various organizations around town. You don't know it until you have to do it.

Here is one poster I designed, 300 copies were put up.

This is probably only the second time I have use Illustrator, it's an amazing program. The image use on top was by my past student Jesse Gouchey, his works can be seen on his website HERE.

I also got up at 4:30 in the morning to be on Breakfast Television on Tuesday of this week. I don't have cable an I  haven't seen it myself yet. I have to get a copy of it to watch. `When I do, I'll probably post it.  In the meantime we shot a quick video around the office leading up to the GIRAF Festival.(see below. or click HERE to go to my you tube page.)



GIRAF opened last night and Waking Sleeping Beauty had a packed house. I have never seen in my past 10+ years of working in film festivals, an audience all stay to the very end credit. That spells success.

No comments: