I took some adds from the recycling and used them as a paper mask to protect the image in order to apply a background.
Peek a boo.
Here is the head on the hood completely covered and protected.
I cut out some shapes out of scrap paper to create galaxy patterns.
Here is the make shift studio set up. There are both positive and negative painting shields made out of scrap paper. I flick the paint at the surface and create a spacey pattern for the background.
I taped the negative shapes in order to protect some areas from receiving more paint.
In this close up, you can see the gold galaxies I added for reflectivity and this nebula stencil I made.
Here more layers of work late into the night.
After I peeled off all the paper I painted in some sparkles on the stars.
Here is an angled shot which shows a bit of the purple metal flake I added to the background space while clear coating.
You can see the sparkles even better from this angle as the clear coat dries in the hot sun. A quick signature is added and now I have to battle with figuring out how to hang and display this large and heavy "canvas".