April 11, 2012

When it rains it pours, or when the going gets tough, the tough get going

The future is now!

In my life things seem to culminate at one moment, a focusing of intention and energy into a clearly recognizable moment. Now this can be good or bad, or maybe it just is. Leading up to yesterday I began to have a looming feeling and then like a sudden storm it all came together.

Shit certainly hit the fan. I've been locked away hard at work animating some stuff for the soon to be open Clive Burger. Here is a tiny teaser I whipped up.
At any rate, I've been wondering about a bunch of stuff and this whole story centres around taking a leap and spending over $6,000 in one day.

I had a few things piling up:

1) I had to write a cheque for 2 grand and mail off my Systema camp registration.
2) ....but first I had to buy the flight to Toronto so I knew what days I'd be and where to be picked up for the camp. Check.
An example of one of the many things I'll experience at the camp

3) I signed up for a 2 week traditional painting portraits from photos in oils, I had to do registration and cut another cheque for over a grand. Here's the website link.

-Comic expo is coming I'm giving 2 powerpoint presentations and running a booth plus I have a few exciting jobs quickly approaching, I still need a computer, so I figures I'd already spent 3 grand, whats 3 more? ! (sarcastic tone)
4) I ordered my new Mac laptop, with nominal education discount for working at ACAD.
So where is all this money coming from?
5) Do taxes, there has got to be close to two grand coming back there.  Man, it sucked, but then it felt so good just to have done my taxes, now I dot have to worry about that for another year. In hindsight, it wasn't so bad at all.
6) Had contracts and a meeting for two upcoming classes this summer at ACAD to handle. Check.
7) Then bunch of other stuff from invoices and quotes to continuing to work on other stuff.

I'll stop there for now, but as soon as this stuff that I had put off, started coming together a flood of other stuff started to fall into place.....And that my friends is where the lesson is!

"Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today"
- this old saying rings true.

Then I found out that my sublet agreement at the studio has been renewed at the same rate, that looming fear suddenly dropped away as I breathed a sigh of relief, my art temple can still thrive =;)

And there you have it, once the ball got rolling it really picked up speed, today I'm tackling more with the new momentum JUST DOing IT has brought me.

So, my advice is just do it!

Onward & Upward!

No comments: