June 25, 2016

A world of colour

Things are getting exciting in my colour theory class for painters. We began working with different colour schemes/harmonies such as monochromatic, analogous and complementary. The students mixed the colours they needed on their palettes then applied them to their various compositions.








Some really gorgeous colours are being developed and some nice colour work is being done on their test panels. I love colour and all the things that can be done with it.  Also I thought I'd mention I have a new video episode up on my Youtube channel, check out the colours from my trip to Japan and hear about the harmony and balance of the aesthetic I saw throughout my trip.
Tonight, I'm uploading the final episode (as it relates to my trip to Japan) so stay tuned for Episode 17 "Composition" where I show some of the Hiroshige prints I saw at the Suntory Art Museum in Tokyo.

No comments: