June 15, 2011

Pirate Page - Frosst sketchbook


"Yo, Ho, Ho, and a bottle of Rum, it's a pirates life for me!"



I drew this sketch with my Copic multi-liners and then colored it in with my Copic markers. I can't prove that art is magic, but the next day (yesterday) My NY style Salsa class was moved, so I ended up going to see the Pirates of the Caribbean instead. I really enjoyed the film, plus it was "cheap night"at the theatre.  I realized through the process of making this drawing, I didn't have any brown or earth tones of copic markers. So today, I went to Inglewood Art Supply and visited my lovely friend Ola where I picked up a few new colors.  I was with a friend and she said: "I've never seen anybody, be that happy and jump around, including a kid over crayons".  What can I say ;P

2 comments:

Fay_Moose_Art said...

I saw you making happy dance, to bad i didn’t had camera it was awesome :) Maybe your friend doesn’t have a lot of artist(cookie) friends, I sometimes make funny dance when I get something new 
I love you pirate ship, but i don't see any brown on it :) giggles

Jka9Design said...

Love the detailing on the ship and I got to see it firsthand from the sketch book!