November 22, 2015

Another successful oil sampler Sunday at Swinton's

This Sunday I was lucky enough to have a full class of enthusiastic oil sampler participants at Swinton's Art Supply and Instruction. Dont forget to read my article on their website about the creative process here: http://www.swintonsart.com/blog-articles/item/the-creative-process

First I do a little overview of the materials, methods and general concepts. Followed by a colour mixing demo and then I let them get messy and feel the buttery creaminess that is oil paint. Check out their works made in a a short period of time we had in the class.
Now that was an impressive and effective sampler class. Every time I teach it seems to get better and better, just like every time you paint your paintings get better and better.

Practice, practice, practice.





No comments: