July 22, 2014

Teen Cartooning - exquisite corpse drawings

I have a new course running all this week, Teen cartooning.
We started off with getting the creative juices flowing with an elaborate array of different warm up exercises. I gave a lecture on the history of Sequential art and how characters and styles have transformed throughout time. I gave the assignment early so they can allow their creative juices to percolate over the next few days. We quickly moved into character design and played a fun surrealist drawing game at the end of the class. This is the one I created throughout the timed exercise as an example of how to fold etc. Next to it is my trusty kitchen timer.
Here are some of the exquisite corpses that they made as a group:












Qu' est-ce vous pensez?

No comments: