Here are some progress shots from my final week of production.
I stretched and stapled my green screen fabric over my studio wall so it stayed flat.
I set up my system for the grueling task ahead.
I started applying gold leaf frame by frame as I maintained the stop-motion movement. The size can take up to half an hour to get tacky before applying the leaf. Then I take a picture, apply more of the glue, wait a bit then apply the leaf move the parts and take the next picture. Then repeat.
I started with the back legs then the front and slowly moved up to the body where the spots really begin. I left the spots free of glue to reveal the dark wood between the gold pattern.
Slowly but surely I complete the body as it walks. It is ridiculously late and I'm losing focus. Now onto the hard part. The neck.
Finally after a grueling and late night/morning I have the first stage done all the way up to the head. I continue the stop motion movement in another session and tidy up the gold leaf. Wish I had a leaf blower. lol. This is a big climatic 15 second shot in my film and I'm glad I've got it in the can.