August 3, 2012

Ganesh becoming encircled in rays

This was an entire studio session, mind you it is a 5 X 5 foot oil painting.
I mixed up some Viridian green and white in two tones to create the radial stripes. I also painted around the sides of the canvas, without taking the canvas off of the wall mount, which was difficult but it'll look really good even if it isn't framed.
I then created a purple with a Deep Cadmium red hue and Cobalt blue. I created two tones by adding white and painted the radial stripes in between the green ones. I am liking how it is turning out. There is an optical illusion that the Ganesh is in a bright circle.

I have to wait for it to dry before I can paint the other stripes, it is oil paint after all. I might tape it off to get a crisp meeting between the stripes.

No comments: