June 1, 2010

Horse painting

Well although I did an awesome sketch of Vladimir Vasiliev before hitting the sheets last night.

Instead of a drawing, I wanted to show a painting I completed before it disappears into it's new home. I painted this horse triptych for my aunt and uncle who are staging their home on an equestrian ranch.  They needed something to go with their brown walls over the mantle.

I took all the photos of each canvas individually that is why the lighting looks a little odd. There is vibrant gold that shines when you look at the piece, photos cannot do it justice. The three canvases are 18" X 24" and were completed with acrylic paint. The wheat was painted by using some grasses I pulled up from Ben's yard last week when we did some digging in the front yard.

No comments: