February 20, 2009

I WAS INVOLVED IN A ROBBERY LAST NIGHT!

I was hanging with a girlfriend of mine at around 12:40 am. we decided to go down to the liquor store and pick up some Dos Equis. The store was fairly busy. I got to the front of the line to pay and I noticed a suspicious female customer. So did the cashier.

I noticed him glance over to her to see what she was up too. I kept an eye on the situation. 

I have always felt that one of the roles I play in this life is: protector of friends, family and loved ones. Sometimes I feel like I am James Bond. Or that I am working security, or even that I am a mobster or hit man. I observe and analyze then act. This particular time something must have kicked in 'cause this all happened so fast.

IDEA #022 - RIP OFF THE LICENSE PLATE!

The suspicious stranger was at the back of the line. Now there were 4 people behind me as I handed over my visa card. The cashier was distracted and the woman with some big bottles and a case of beer made a B-line for the door.

The cashier chased outside after her. So did I.  My transaction would have to wait.

She jumped into a Navy blue sedan. Her window was unrolled and the cashier jumped in to grab the booze. The car took off, tires spinning. I chase behind trying to get the license plate. The cashier was knocked out of the car and hit the ground. He ran back into the store.  

I got the license!

 There is a saying: "no good deed goes unpunished!"

Well when all was said and done, I brought my booze and lady friend home I noticed my keys were gone. The punishment begins. I had to call my landlord way after midnight to let me into my building. He opened the main door for me. I asked him to let me into my suite.

He said he couldn't. Why? I asked.

He didn't have a key. I was locked out. Punishment, did it fit the crime?

I walked back to the scene of the crime.

There were my keys behind the spun out tire tracks.
Phew = ; )


No comments: